Sunday, December 24, 2006

WSS 3, and Merry Xmas!

Funnily enough WSS 3 was already out when I last posted (gee, has it been that long!)... you can download it here. XNA Game Studio Express also went GA, which is pretty cool... I hope to find some time to mess with that.

In other news I've installed Vista (x64) courtesy of a new MSDN subscription, however after the initial build I must admit I still haven't used it much... there's just something I don't like about it, that I can't put my finger on. Maybe is was the wierdness around configuring networks, or just the general unfamiliarity with a lot of the new services... I dunno, they just seem superfluous. If it wasn't for C# and Half Life 2, I don't think I'd use Windows at all really... wonder how much Microsoft is paying Valve to stop them from releasing a Linux client / Linux version of Source ;-)

Anyways, have a merry xmas!